Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

How long does the First Stage of Sponsorship take? 

EdwardChristian
EdwardChristian

Posted On: 6/30/2015
EdwardChristian
EdwardChristian
Hi my name is Eddy, and i sent my application to CIC on May 1st, 2015. I was wandering how long does the first stage of sponsorship approval and open work permit take? That would be stage 1. It was sent to Mississauga. Iv'e read on other forums it takes 2-3 months but i want to make sure and CIC does not have the processing time. My sister is sponsoring me.

Eddy.c
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 7/1/2015
MelM
MelM
It looks like you are a bit confused about the sponsorship process and rules. If your sister is sponsoring you then you do not qualify for an open work permit. Open work permits are only given to individuals being sponsored by their spouses / common law partners. You will only be able to work once your PR application has been approved and you have become a permanent resident of Canada.

How long it will take to complete processing for your application depends on where you are from. Processing times can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-other.asp
link
EdwardChristian
EdwardChristian

Posted On: 7/1/2015
EdwardChristian
EdwardChristian
Thank you very much for the help.

I also looked at the link you gave and my visa off (London, United Kingdom) doesn't have a process time ?

Eddy.c
link