Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Citizenship Application Question 

vc_immigrant
vc_immigrant

Posted On: 7/2/2015
vc_immigrant
vc_immigrant
I am filling out the citizenship application as of June 2015 but I am a bit confused as to the actual meaning of this question:
"In the past 4 years, were you present in any country, other than Canada, for at least 6 months (cumulative)."
Does this mean that if I went to China and stayed 2 months in each of the 4 years (total 8 months) then I must say "yes" to this and supply a police certificate? Or does this mean if I stayed a total of 6 months at any one time then it applies? Also how many days is 6 months exactly by the CIC standards? Would 182 days be six months?
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 7/3/2015
MelM
MelM
"Cumulative" means in total. So if you went to China twice (2 months, then 4 months) you will need to answer "yes" and provide a police certificate. Yes - I would assume that 182 days is 6 months. However if you are close (e.g. 180 days) - it's possible CIC may request a police certificate all the same.
link
Cordeiro18
Cordeiro18

Posted On: 7/14/2015
Cordeiro18
Cordeiro18
Hello,I have a IMM1000 (Record Landing) issued in 1990 and a health care card from Ontario witch was issued in the same date.I've been living out of Canada for over 20 years but coming here for the past 5 years and before. So my question is!...
Can I apply for permanent resident or renuel of my documents based on the documents that I have from my past
link