Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Landing from South Korea 

KSDL
KSDL

Posted On: 7/7/2015
KSDL
KSDL
Hi, will there be any issue if I land Toronto after a couple of weeks stay in South Korea? I need to stay there for a short period before I enter Canada as a landed immigrant. I'd like to know if that can cause any problem upon arrival to Canada due to MERS outbreak in Korea.

Thank you,
link
user
user

Posted On: 7/8/2015
user
user
Hello KSDL,

Thank you for sharing your situation with us.

When entering Canada, visitors landing in Canada for the first time will have different procedures than Canadians returning to Canada. Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) officers enforce immigration policies set by Citizenship and Immigration Canada at the border. For health notices, Public Health Canada issues advisories and travel protocols. Upon arrival, CBSA officers will enforce all travel health protocols issued by Public Health Canada.

According to Public Health Agency of Canada, the MERS-CoV virus is rated by Public Health Canada as a level 1 risk at this time, which means that it poses a low risk to public health and safety in Canada. The Agency is not advising any travel restrictions related to this event at this time.

For current and country specific information contact your nearest Canadian embassy.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

=====
Ashley Walcott
Settlement.Org Team
link
KSDL
KSDL

Posted On: 7/9/2015
KSDL
KSDL
Thank you for your information Ashley!
link