Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Spousal Sponsorship Taking Too Long 

avdhoot
avdhoot

Posted On: 11/20/2015
avdhoot
avdhoot
I am canadian pr
my wife applied her visitor visa after marriage
she got refusal
The reason are insufficient documents
travelling history is not well
and she could not convince immigration department that she will go back

my question is
why immigration department is taking so long time in spousal visa
why family member need travlling history to see his loved one

and if she will get her spousal visa(PR), why will not she go back as you want
why you want me to stay alone in this country

my agent told me that i will have to stay in canada till she gets her pr

if you can not give visa,let me go to my family
why should we suffer in this hell
and under pressure that will she get her visa or not

please explain me
how can i be with my wife
if imgration department is not granting her visitor visa
till that what should i do in this country

can i stay back with my wife till they approve her visa??
what should i do ??
please guide me
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 11/25/2015
MelM
MelM
Your agent is correct. Since you are a permanent resident, you must be living in Canada while your wife's PR application is being processed. So the answer to your question is no - you cannot stay back with your wife until CIC approves her visa. You can take occasional short trips (e.g. three weeks or less) outside of Canada to visit your wife. However if you move outside of Canada or start staying outside of Canada for months at a time, you can expect the spousal sponsorship application to be refused. As a PR, you must be living in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. This is how the rules work.

Unfortunately it can be difficult for spouses of Canadians to obtain TRVs since CIC knows they aren't just tourists but have plans to remain in Canada long term. Your wife could look into obtaining a work permit (if she is able to secure a full time job in Canada and her employer is able to obtain an approved LMIA). She could also look into study permits (however she'll have to make sure the studies she plans to take in Canada make sense in light of her previous education and experience - otherwise she will be refused for not being a genuine student). It's also possible you and your wife may have to be separated for long periods of time while you wait for her PR application to be processed. Good luck.
link