Discussion Forum

To post messages and use great My Settlement features, please sign-up or login.

Search Discussions

All Forums | Permanent Residents and Citizenship | Archived Immigration Application Questions
Vistors Visa after Student Visa
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
Topic Tools: Bookmark | Print 
Author Topic  

user

Ontario
1583 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  10:17:12  Show Profile
I am studying English in Private school with the student visa that is planned to end in June.

Can I get the visitor's visa after June?

My immigration application was accepted and the process is proceeding now. I want to have a job right after the process is completed. So I don't want to continue school.

Dave

Ontario
405 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  11:20:47  Show Profile
quote:

I am studying English in Private school with the student visa that is planned to end in June.

Can I get the visitor's visa after June?

My immigration application was accepted and the process is proceeding now. I want to have a job right after the process is completed. So I don't want to continue school.

You will want to review our article:
How do I change my Foreign Student status into Permanent Resident status?
http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4000235

It talks about changing your status and provides links to the CIC web page you need.

You should probably call the CIC Call Centre and ask about what you should do.

In Toronto, call 416-973-4444. From all other areas in Ontario, call 1-888-242-2100 (toll-free).

If at the end of the process you refer to you are a Permanent Resident then you wouldn't need to change your Visa status. But if you are looking for something to get you through to that time then you should contact CIC directly.

Dave Montague
Web Coordinator
OCASI, Settlement.Org

Forum Locked  Topic Locked
Jump To:

SF2000