Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Family Sponsorship 

Direkgeri
Direkgeri

Posted On: 9/27/2015
Direkgeri
Direkgeri
Hi there. I am a Canadian Citizen of originally from the Philippines.
I recently apply to sponsor my 21 year old son to immigrate to Canada only to find out that the rules (age bracket) has been changed to 19 years old in August 2014. Priot to these changes, the legal age used to be 22 years old. My application to sponsor my son has been denied last month. Is there anything i can do or other ways to sponsor or enable my son to join me here in Canada.

The reason why i only applied this year is he was finishing up his culinary arts education. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards.
Geri
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 9/28/2015
MelM
MelM
As you've discovered, your son is now too old to be sponsored through the Family Class sponsorship process by you. Unfortunately it doesn't matter why you waited to sponsor your son.

If your son wishes to immigrate to Canada, he will have to qualify on his own to immigrate through one of Canada's economic immigration classes (e.g. Federal Skilled Worker, Provincial Nominee, etc.). Typically you need to have at least one year of full time and paid work experience to qualify to immigrate under these programs. It also helps a great deal if you have a permanent job offer from an employer in Canada (supported by an approved LMIA).

Hope this helps and good luck.
link
Babygirl
Babygirl

Posted On: 10/2/2015
Babygirl
Babygirl
Hi, me and my kids are in the process of being sponsored by my husband who is not the biological father of my kids. My kids do not have my last name only their fathers last name which is 2 different father. Will immigration find this as a problem?

N.h
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 10/3/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi, me and my kids are in the process of being sponsored by my husband who is not the biological father of my kids. My kids do not have my last name only their fathers last name which is 2 different father. Will immigration find this as a problem?

N.h

1. No, as long as you have custody permission from the Courts or their father that you can remove them from their home country.

PMM
link