Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Renewal of the PR card 

HHH
HHH

Posted On: 10/12/2015
HHH
HHH
- In July 2010, I landed with my wife + 4 children in Ontario we left Canada after 30 days.
- In August 2011 we back to Canada and bought our house in Ontario.
- My eldest daughter started the University and other children started in schools.
- I started the professional license process and searching for a job in Canada, I sent a lot of applications but I could not find a job.
- I was doing some free-lance work out of Canada to support my family, and traveling for work as well as visiting my family in the home country during the unstable political situations.
-In 2013 I have completed my professional license and continued searching for a job while doing freelance work out of Canada and travelling from and to Canada as required by the work.
- Ultimately, in May 2015 I got a senior position in a provincial government out of Ontario, where I am working currently.
As my PR card expired in September 2015 and I have completed only about 500 days I want to renew my PR card in a very short time to be able to visit my family in the home country and to be able to respond to any emergency there as well as to accompany my family in any traveling .
In 2015, my wife and children got the Canadian citizenship (the ages of my children 9, 12, 16, 21 years)
Given the above circumstances, can I apply for renewal of my PR card under Humanitarian and Compassionate reasons? What are the supporting documents might be required?

link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 10/13/2015
MelM
MelM
Unfortunately the reasons you have listed won't be accepted as Humanitarian and Compassionate reasons for failing to meet the residency requirement. You should wait until you have at least 730 residency days in the past five years before you apply to renew your PR card. If you apply earlier, you should expect to run into issues renewing your card that may result in your PR status being revoked.
link