Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Child Sponsorship 

Mrs. Barbiran
Mrs. Barbiran

Posted On: 2/7/2016
Mrs. Barbiran
Mrs. Barbiran
Hi, I'm a permanent resident (PR) here in Canada for about 1 year and 6 months because of my husband and I want to get my 8 years old daughter in the Philippines. The question is what espacific application form do I need to my dependant child. Because before I go here in Canada I already declared her in my application form. And I include my daughter as a non-accompanying dependent in my permanent resident application form and she also has a medical exam... I want to know how long will it take to get my daughter and what application form do I need...pls..help me because I want to be with my daughter...I hope you can help me thank you!
link
UmmZakariya
UmmZakariya

Posted On: 2/10/2016
UmmZakariya
UmmZakariya
Hi Mrs. Barbiran

Sadly I don't have any info to give you or anything to suggest to you , however, I totally feel you as a mother. I am myself in a similar situation. I haven't applied for my immigration yet because of my son. I am scared to be in a situation as you are in now...May you find an end to this problem and reunite with your daughter.

link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi, I'm a permanent resident (PR) here in Canada for about 1 year and 6 months because of my husband and I want to get my 8 years old daughter in the Philippines. The question is what espacific application form do I need to my dependant child. Because before I go here in Canada I already declared her in my application form. And I include my daughter as a non-accompanying dependent in my permanent resident application form and she also has a medical exam... I want to know how long will it take to get my daughter and what application form do I need...pls..help me because I want to be with my daughter...I hope you can help me thank you!

1. You use the application forms at www.cic.gc.ca (system is really slow these days, so can't post the actual link)
2. Select, Immigrate, then on the next page, sponsor your family, then spouses and dependent children.

PMM
link
Seacity
Seacity

Seacity
Seacity
Hi,
You need sponsorship application for member of the family class. Application form can be found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
Per the processing time, it varies from where you are applying. However, the general processing time is currently 17 months including the 60 days of sponsorship assessment in CPC-Mississauga.

Brian
link