Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Applying for parents' Visitor Visas - How? 

DanB
DanB

Posted On: 8/9/2007
DanB
DanB
I am pregnant and am inviting my parents to come visit us for few months. The first application was rejected with reason - no family ties and financial ties in home country. We did not know that we have to send property documents as well. So we are applying again with all the financial documents.

Also, we found out that our baby will need a surgery at 3 months time after birth. My question is, will this information help us to get visa or will further make our case weak.

Any suggestions!!!

Dan
link
farayha17
farayha17

Posted On: 7/24/2015
farayha17
farayha17
Dear Moderator,

I am recently landed immigrant and have all the required proof of residence in Ontario.

My Parents are currently vacationing in US on a multiple entry visa.

I would like to know how they can apply for a single entry visa to Canada from US.

Please note that they have Pakistani passports (so they require visit visa to Canada) I do not want them to have Super Visa as they do not intend to visit often.

Please advise what documents should they have ready from their end?

note that they will apply the visit visa from US and not Pakistan since they are already in US.

Also is it Better to visit Embassy/visa office or they can apply online?

Thanks for your help!
link