Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Address at the time of landing for PR Card 

Bernard05
Bernard05

Posted On: 12/9/2009
Bernard05
Bernard05
Me and my family have received their landing papers and are scheduled to be in Toronto by the last week of january 2010.

As we do not have any relatives out there we have planned to use the services of a Settlement Agency based in North York.

We have been given to understand that an address is needed to be given at the port of entry, I requested the Settlement Services to avail us the address for use at the airport but they requested us that we should not use the address as the same would be used for mailing of the PR card and other important documents, as we would have moved from the temporary settlement place to a permanent rented apartment as the process takes about 5-6 weeks.

Is it possible that we give the temporary address at the time of landing and then have it altered soonest we find a rented apartment for us.

Could anyone clarify this point as we are very confused on the issue. Thanking you in advance
link
aminur
aminur

Posted On: 7/10/2014
aminur
aminur
Address updating over web is conflicting. When ever I try to UPDATE
my Address that was given @ landing, it required consent to tick,
the consent implies that i could not see my online status further after ward.

Thanks.

Aminur
link
patgomez
patgomez

Posted On: 8/6/2014
patgomez
patgomez
im in the philippines right and dont have my PR card. it was already mailed in our address in canada but my husband dont want me to come back in canada. is it possible for me to come back if i would apply for a permanent resident travel document? and apply for a new PR card at the time of landing. another problem is i dont have a mailing address at the time of landing because i would only ask my friend to stay with them until i got a job. can i use my friends mailing address in my permanent resident travel document application form?
link