Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGetting Health Care (OHIP)

Health, including mental health, health card (OHIP), addictions, alternative health...

What pregnancy costs are covered by OHIP? 

massaali
massaali

Posted On: 9/29/2011
massaali
massaali
Hi,

Actually i have a question to ask you that.i am very tensed and want to share some sort of situation with you guys. hope you will help me in this matter, the situation is mentioned below:

My wife is a canadian citizen, she spent her whole life in Pakistan. now she is in canada, with her grand parents, she was landed in canada on 5th of August, 2011.

She is living in Brampton, ontario, she is pregnant and will received her OHIP card on 5th November, according to govt. rules (after three months).

her expected date may be end of february or start of march 2012.

Now i want to know that if she has OHIP card with her .

1- How much its cost to give birth to a child in ontario with ohip?

2- Will OHIP Covered pregnancy cost?

if u have this reply please let me know.

Regards,

Assam

link
JordanQua
JordanQua

Posted On: 6/22/2014
JordanQua
JordanQua
I also know that if a person is already pregnant, she is not eligible for private maternity insurance plan that has comprehensive maternity benefits. The only plan such person is eligible for is the one that covers only pregnancy related emergencies such as abdominal pain,bleedings and miscarriage up to 31 weeks from the moment she got pregnant. Pre-natal care and delivery are not covered by any private insurance company in Canada.
link