Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

How much Time does it Take from Test Results-Oath? 

happyeastwest
happyeastwest

Posted On: 2/1/2012
happyeastwest
happyeastwest
Hello,

First of all sorry if I repeated this question. We are waiting like others for the Dec test results - appeared in 1st week.

Here is my problem, my wife is going crazy and wants to know if she passed or not, as it has been over 8 weeks for the results. We are from Leamington, ON.

Is there a way to find whether person passed test or not? We are ok if we have to wait for the oath, but anxiety of test results is killing her.

if someone fails, do they ask to retake test or appear before judge?

Regards,

James
link
rcc113
rcc113

Posted On: 5/5/2015
rcc113
rcc113
Hello,

I took the exam and passed last March 19, 2015 and was told the oath taking will be April or May. My concern is that I read a lot about people unable to receive the letter informing them about the scheduled oath taking. And since it is already first week of May, I am wondering if the mail did not reached my address. I tried to calling 1 888 242 2100 a lot of times but unsuccessful so far. I will keep trying though. My question is, is there a way to know if I already missed the oath taking? And if not, when is the next scheduled oath taking going to be in Kitchener?

Thank you so much
rcc
link
adilss
adilss

Posted On: 5/11/2015
adilss
adilss
Hi,

Not sure if you have received invitation for oath taking ceremony subsequent to your post.

Things seem to be moving really fast at the Mississauga office as you can see from my time line below:

Application for Citizenship sent: March 17, 2014
Called in for Test/ interview Feb 27, 2015
Got A voicemail on Feb 25 that due to certain reasons the interview date is postponed. I will be advised of new date.
Subsequently received notice to appear for Test / Interview on April 28, 2014.

Next received a notice on May 05, 2015 to appear for oath taking ceremony on May 19 2015.

Hope the above is useful to some having panic attacks-

Adilss
link
adopotato82
adopotato82

Posted On: 1/30/2016
adopotato82
adopotato82
After my Citizenship test, I got the letter 2 weeks later inviting me to the ceremony.

link
Homemaker
Homemaker

Posted On: 3/22/2016
Homemaker
Homemaker

After my Citizenship test, I got the letter 2 weeks later inviting me to the ceremony.

Congrats , was your office Hamilton .
My citizenship status changed to "decision made" from "in process " 7 months back . Since than no communication from CIC .

link