Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Can I land outside of Quebec with a CSQ? 

suzie370
suzie370

Posted On: 3/25/2012
suzie370
suzie370
Hi I was hoping you could help me (fingers crossed).

I have applied for the CSQ Quebec a year ago and due to enter the country in the next 3 weeks. I am a qualified skilled worker. I have been searching for jobs and done alot of research and have come to realised that both Toronto and Vancouver are better suited for my career/employment and cannot settle in quebec due to my speciality

Therefore I wanted to know whether it would be ok for me to fly straight to Toronto or Vancouver and present my CSQ (I am a skilled worker).

Also how would I obtain my PR card? I assume you have to go to a center, can you go to the one in Toronto?

Last but not least, would it still be a 3 month waiting period to get the medicals?

Would appreciate a very quick and as much information as possible. Need to book my ticket in the next 24 hours! Thanks a lot
link
Foncha
Foncha

Posted On: 9/7/2014
Foncha
Foncha
Thank you for your article. It's very helpful, But because the article is written in 2012, I would like to know if nothing has changed now on in September 2014?
Thanks in advance.

Terrible
link