Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

PR cards Expiring 2014 - Outside Canada 

Jasmine78
Jasmine78

Posted On: 1/19/2013
Jasmine78
Jasmine78
Hi,

I have been through sevral posts bt couldn't find one relating to our situation. I wonder if you could help and give some guidance.

A little background first, my wife and I have our Permanent Residency and SIN cards and I’m looking to relocate to Calgary Canada early next year. My issue is that our permanent residency cards expire Feb 2014. We were unable to relocate due to extenuating circumstances which I will elaborate on.

In Feb 2009 we travelled to Canada to obtain the cards, my wife was approximately 18 weeks pregnant at the time. My wife started to experience difficulties with her pregnancy and was hospitalised twice and the second time for a week. She gave birth prematurely. Our first child was born early and my wife experienced pre-eclampsia which affected the growth and development of our son and unfortunately our son died 5 days after his birth.

As you can imagine this put a tremendous strain on us and my wife particularly as she was clearly in shock and became withdrawn and depressed. Especially as we had to go through a great deal just to get pregnant. We had gone through IVF treatment just to conceive so the stress and strain of losing our son was particularly profound.

It took us years to recover but we did. We tried IVF again and this time the pregnancy was successful but there was again a risk of pre-eclampsia and meant that my wife had to go through extensive checks every week at the hospital (under consultant care) and hence I could not leave her in this situation to go Canada and since then we have been blessed with another baby boy, who is now nearly 18 months old now. My wife did develop pre-eclampsia again and our son was delivered 3 weeks early via C-section. As you can imagine these were again very difficult times. My son was underweight and smaller than expected and again I couldn't leave them and go at the time.
We are ready to make the move to Canada now but as mentioned above our PR is expiring in Feb 2014 and our son does not have one; this would mean that my wife and my son will not be able to accompany me yet to Canada early next year.

I am now going to travel to Canada on 30th of Jan to potentially invest in a business and start a new life and will I be expecting problems at POE? can you please advice on what to expect and what to do in my situation?
I have already arranged for removals and will be submitting goods to follow at POE.
I am so confused, not sure what to expect!
PLEASE HELP!!

Many thanks
link
emjen88
emjen88

Posted On: 8/15/2015
emjen88
emjen88
HI! My application to renew my PR card has been approved already. My question is this: if my PR card will be mailed to me through my Canadian address, how long does it take from the time the renewal was approved to the time I will receive it in the mail? The date of advise of approval by the CIC was on July 29, 2015. When will I get the PR card through the mail please?

Thanks,

E.R.
link