Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Divorce and PR Status - Can I be Deported? 

leo123
leo123

Posted On: 2/6/2013
leo123
leo123
hi,
i got married in back home 2010. i came canada oct 2012 at my spouse sponsor. now in jan 2013 we have submit divorce. please guide is it effect on my PR? should i inform to CiC about this divorce. please guide me I m very tense. my spouse threading me she will revoke my PR and will deport me.

leo
link
Jack1939
Jack1939

Posted On: 1/4/2015
Jack1939
Jack1939
Hello,

I have conditional PR of 2 year conjugal cohabitation. Now when my file was in processing my wife was expecting baby and when landed in Canada I was already having daughter. And immigration officer stamped conditional PR. So now how can I change my conditional PR could you please suggest me. I would appreciate for you quick response.

Jack
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/19/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello,

I have conditional PR of 2 year conjugal cohabitation. Now when my file was in processing my wife was expecting baby and when landed in Canada I was already having daughter. And immigration officer stamped conditional PR. So now how can I change my conditional PR could you please suggest me. I would appreciate for you quick response.

Jack

1. You can't. As you didn't have a "child in common" when your spouse submitted the sponsorship.
2. So you have to cohabitate with your spouse for 2 years after your "landing" if you wish to retain your PR status.

PMM
link
Zahid104
Zahid104

Posted On: 2/8/2015
Zahid104
Zahid104
Hello, I arrived in Canada in sept 2013 as a PR, unfortunately things haven't worked out well with my wife and we are no longer living together (since 30/01/2015)
We have been married since Jan 2011, my immigration with CIC filed the very same year. We stayed together for around 15 months and now we live separately.......we don't have any children.
My wife has asked me to return to my native country as she doesn't want me to stay in Canada anymore.

My question is that can she ask immigration to remove/deport me after this separation?legally we are not divorced yet..I don't mind going back but I m working and feel quite settled and happy here. Also is it okay to travel freely in and out of canada on my present PR?Would I be allowed back?

I have a 5 years PR, since Sept 2013,category FC1/CF1 and I don't remember any conditional residence stamp on my paper, neither it's mentioned on my PR card.
link