Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Supporting Proof of Residence for Renewal 

raj78
raj78

Posted On: 2/28/2013
raj78
raj78
hi everyone,
i am pr since 2007 december.

but i completed around 780 days of my residency in canada till dec 2012.

i had applied for my pr renewal in jan 2013.

now i got a letter from cic asking for suporting proof of evidence in canada in the last 5 years.

i want to know what do I need to send them .

how many notice of assessments will be required or can i also send them the T4 of different jobs that i did in canada.

how long do they normally take once i send them the documents now.

moreover when i travelled in the 5 year time ,i also got 2 stamps in shanghai ,china during my stay while travelling .

do i need to get that translated and send as well,though it was not asked for.

please can anyone tell where can i get them translated in vancouver ,canada.

if anyone got theirs stamp translated in bc ,please help me know.
link
Ei-leen
Ei-leen

Posted On: 8/27/2014
Ei-leen
Ei-leen
Hi,

I called and asked about translating my passport stamps & was told that the charge is $60 per passport for 10 stamps. Each additional stamp is $5. They have to photocopy your passport & send it off to the translator. Takes 5 days. Only at the Pender office.

With the number of stamps I have, this could cost several hundred dollars. Would it be cheaper to hire a certified translator for an hour?

Is this what happened with the volunteer translator? Maybe it's a different service? What did you ask for when you called?

Thanks!

Eileen

You can get your stamps translated at SUCCESS. They have branches all over the lower mainland.

They have volunteers who are certified translators from Chinese to English, so getting your stamps translated at SUCCESS is not a problem.

SUCCESS is a non-profit organization funded by the federal government, the fees for the chinese stamps is $20, which I think is discounted because of the funding.

link