Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

PR Card - Need to Leave without it 

aarisha
aarisha

Posted On: 8/16/2013
aarisha
aarisha
Dear Moderator,
I am a new immigrant and landed with my family on July 19,2013.I have not yet received my PR card.I called CIC call center and they informed that I would receive my PR card in the last week of September.Due to some emergency,I have to leave before I get the card. My wife is going to stay to receive the PR card. So, now kindly answer the following questions,please!
1. Can my wife carry my PR card and is there any problem she might face at the Canadian airport while she leaves?
2.Should I apply for a travel document as I want to leave without my PR card and as it is in process.
?
3. If I apply for a travel document, will CIC stop processing my PR card as it is already in process?
4. Should I apply for a travel document now or after reaching my destination outside Canada?

Waiting eagerly to get your kind reply.

Hemu
link
Kickster
Kickster

Posted On: 12/19/2015
Kickster
Kickster
I am a permanant resident awaiting my new card that I sent in for renewal a month ago.
Due to medical reasons I have to leave fir Mexico .
In Mexico they always ask for my permanant residence card when I arrive at the airport from Canada.
Will I be able to enter Mexico without this card?
Will I be able to renter Canada without the card ?
Am I able to apply for a travel document in Mexico ?

Thanking you so much for your response

THM
link