Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR card -Pick Up from Local Office -What happens? 

Jeeny
Jeeny

Posted On: 10/10/2013
Jeeny
Jeeny
Hello,

I want to ask, if anyone of you know about PR card pick up from CIC center? I have applied for new PR card because pr was expiring soon.

I recently got a letter from CIC to pick up my PR card from
cic center.

I am wondering why do they ask you to pick up?

do you know what do they ask during the pick up and how long does it take over there????

Jeeny
link
d4diesel
d4diesel

Posted On: 1/25/2015
d4diesel
d4diesel
I went with a relative to have their PR card picked up in person in May of 2014 at the Toronto centre.

Basically, they ask people who they want to clarify or check for additional information come in person. I believe majority of the PR card otherwise are mailed out. In my relative's case, he is living outside of Canada but still qualifies since he is accompanied by his Canadian wife and Canadian children. They basically wanted clarification as to why he they dont live here and if they dont, why does he need to keep his PR card. they didnt ask for any documents though.

However, at the time of pick, had another old couple who came in to pick up their PR card along with their daughter and from what I could make out from their discussion they were in similar boat where they applied with days claiming to have been fullfilled by being accompanied with Canadian citizen but were asked for additional information before getting the card. They left with a saddened face which gave away that they didn't receive the card at the time of pick.

Anybody picking up in person, it helps to be a bit prepared to answer questions that the PR office might ask you and the questions will pretty much depend upon the situation of the applicant.
link