Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Rejected Tourist Visa for Step Daughter - Options? 

johnstud81ca
johnstud81ca

Posted On: 1/14/2014
johnstud81ca
johnstud81ca
Hi,

I am a Canadian Citizen and am married to a Russian citizen.

My wife (Russian citizen) has a 6 year old daughter.

My wife has a Canadian tourist visa and has visited me in Canada many times. We are in the process of applying for Canadian permanent residency for both my wife and her daughter.

In the mean time, I would like my wife and step daughter to visit Canada (while their permanent residency application is being processed, which I understand can take 1 to 2 years).

We have applied for a tourist visa for my step daughter twice (2 times) and been rejected both times. The reason they are giving is:

"Dear yyy,

This refers to your application for a temporary resident visa to Canada. I have completed my assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa; therefore, your application is refused.

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors; these may include the applicant's travel and identity documents, reason for travel to Canada, contacts in Canada, financial means for the trip; ties to country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

In accordance with Section A11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act. This includes the requirement to establish to the satisfaction of the officer that the applicant will respect their conditions of admission and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for his or her stay.

This application is closed. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply, I would suggest you do so only if your situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit."

Is there anything I can do? It looks like a standard, summary rejection -- both times the same rejection.

My wife has a Temporary tourist visa (TRV) -- and visits me often, but her daughter cannot due to this rejection.

I would like them both to visit (while their permanent resident application is being processed).

Thanks.

- John
link
welcan
welcan

Posted On: 10/15/2014
welcan
welcan
Dear John,
It's most likely, if you applied for PR, the tourist visa would be rejected. Because, the officer will be under the impression that your step-daughter will go to Canada and not leave after the visa expires.
Good Luck

Ammar

Ammar
link