Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Location of Notice to Appear For Verification 

gramto2
gramto2

Posted On: 3/14/2014
gramto2
gramto2
Today I received a Notice to Appear- For Verification of Identity/Documents in Toronto, which is approximately 1800 km from my home in Northwestern Ontario. I called the 1-888-242-2100 to see if this was some kind of mistake and was told to write a letter to see if there was a possibility of getting an appointment closer to my home. Has anyone had any experience with this situation? I am 62 years old, a a permanent resident since 1976, applied for citizenship July 2012, completed Residence questionnaire May 2013.
link
roginsaudi
roginsaudi

Posted On: 5/22/2014
roginsaudi
roginsaudi
I live in the Greater Toronto Area and received the same letter to go to Ottawa for my document verification. I am going on 60 years old. The train ride was only four hours (not all that bad) but cost me a day from work as well. The verification process was simple and took only fifteen minutes. They seemed to be looking for passport stamps mostly. I am now awaiting the decision of a judge - I wonder where they will send me next?
Good luck with yours, Gramto - it is all worth it to be part of this amazing country.

roginsaudi
link