Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Child Born in India after PR Visa Issued to Wife 

sn6380
sn6380

Posted On: 5/6/2014
sn6380
sn6380
Hi,

I am permanent Resident of Canada and I sponsored my wife. Recently her PR visa was issued with an expiry date of December 14, 2014. she received her visa and COPR. she is 8 months pregnant now and we are expecting baby in July this year. Instructions clearly showed that we need to inform CIC birth of a child before she lands. I am thinking of informing the CIC once the baby is born. Is anyone has this kind of situation? Probably CIC will ask me to submit child's passport and some udpated forms and will reissue my wife's visa and my child's visa together?

One more development is I recently appeared for citizenship test and expecting to take oath soon and will become a canadian citizen? What will happen if the baby born after I become a citizen? I think I can apply for child's citizenship directly? in that case, what will happen to my wife's PR visa which is already issued?

Sorry, its bit a long story, but wondering someone came across this kind of situation?
thanks,
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 5/7/2014
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

I am permanent Resident of Canada and I sponsored my wife. Recently her PR visa was issued with an expiry date of December 14, 2014. she received her visa and COPR. she is 8 months pregnant now and we are expecting baby in July this year. Instructions clearly showed that we need to inform CIC birth of a child before she lands. I am thinking of informing the CIC once the baby is born. Is anyone has this kind of situation? Probably CIC will ask me to submit child's passport and some udpated forms and will reissue my wife's visa and my child's visa together?

One more development is I recently appeared for citizenship test and expecting to take oath soon and will become a canadian citizen? What will happen if the baby born after I become a citizen? I think I can apply for child's citizenship directly? in that case, what will happen to my wife's PR visa which is already issued?

Sorry, its bit a long story, but wondering someone came across this kind of situation?
thanks,

1. Once the child is born, then your spouse must amend her application, the child must be included, the fee paid, copy of passport, birth certificate, and wait for medical instructions.
2. If the child is born after you become a citizen, the child has to be a PR in Canada before you can apply for his/her citizenship. S/he doesn't have to meet the residency requirements.

PMM
link