Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Sponsor Passed Away while Application in Process 

Neneng
Neneng

Posted On: 5/22/2014
Neneng
Neneng
My brother died while on temporary open visa and sponsoring his family under live in caregiver program.

I sponsored my brother as a live in caregiver in 2008.He received his temporary open visa(expired 2016) while applying for a permanent residency and sponsoring his family.His wife and 3 children's(21,21 and 19) medical was scheduled May 16, but my brother died on May 11.We still advised my brothers family to continue their medical even he is gone for immigration files.My question is, can my brothers family still has chance to come here in Canada and become an immigrant even if f my brother who is sponsoring them died?There are many relatives here in Canada who are willing to support the family when they come to Canada? I can act as the main sponsor fpr my bro family.What kind of appeal I should use to help my bros family to get approved for permanent residency even my brother is gone already.

Is there a chance for his family to continue the application and medical and become an immigrant even the main sponsor died before the issuance of their visa?

Please need an answer.

ESD
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 5/22/2014
PMM
PMM
Hi

Sorry for your loss, but with the death of the sponsor, then the application will be refused.

PMM
link