Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

How can He Relinquish His PR? 

ceenia
ceenia

Posted On: 5/26/2014
ceenia
ceenia
Hi. I am a permanent resident of Canada now staying in Canada

My husband was a PR of Canada .

But he didnt stay enough days to meet the residency obligation.

He is currently working in Middle east. His PR expired last year.

Now he applied for a visit visa to Canada they say that he has to relinquish his PR first .

Then only they can process the visa. In the column of reason for surrendering his PR what should he write.

And how many days it takes to process this request bcz his passport is currently with CiC for the purpose of temporary resident visa.

Once we submit the relinquish form and the supporting documents how long does it take to process his request for relinquishing his PR.

Do they interview him?

Plz any body know anything about this subject, help me.
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi. I am a permanent resident of Canada now staying in Canada

My husband was a PR of Canada .

But he didnt stay enough days to meet the residency obligation.

He is currently working in Middle east. His PR expired last year.

Now he applied for a visit visa to Canada they say that he has to relinquish his PR first .

Then only they can process the visa. In the column of reason for surrendering his PR what should he write.

And how many days it takes to process this request bcz his passport is currently with CiC for the purpose of temporary resident visa.

Once we submit the relinquish form and the supporting documents how long does it take to process his request for relinquishing his PR.

Do they interview him?

Plz any body know anything about this subject, help me.

1. Assuming he received his PR after 2002.
2. He applies for a Permanent Resident Travel Document, the visa office refuses it, He would have 60 days to appeal the refusal. If he doesn't appeal the refusal, then he is no longer a PR. He then can apply for a TRV.

PMM
link
ceenia
ceenia

ceenia
ceenia
Hi PMM

Thanks for the quick reply.

We already applied for the TRV and the visa office send us applicaton for relinquishing PR.

Once he submits it ,still he has to wait 60 days before they start processing his application ?

Thank you in advance for the reply

link