Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Spousal Sponsorship 

tumm2008
tumm2008

Posted On: 6/22/2014
tumm2008
tumm2008
I am a former PR.

I was refused PRTD because of residency obligation.

MY husband is Canadian citizen, living and working in Canada.

He is sponsoring me. We have applied already.

Can the PRTD refusal because of residency obligation affect my case?
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 6/23/2014
PMM
PMM
Hi

I am a former PR.

I was refused PRTD because of residency obligation.

MY husband is Canadian citizen, living and working in Canada.

He is sponsoring me. We have applied already.

Can the PRTD refusal because of residency obligation affect my case?

1. It shouldn't but your time outside Canada, separated from your spouse may be an issue.

PMM
link
tumm2008
tumm2008

Posted On: 6/24/2014
tumm2008
tumm2008
Thanks PMM.
My husband has visited us (I have two boys, who are also Canadian citizens) a few times and we have also visited him. Apart frpm this, we have submitted emails, bank statements showing his money transfer to us, phone records etc.
Hope everything falls in place.
Wish me luck
link
hope2014
hope2014

Posted On: 7/14/2014
hope2014
hope2014
I am PR since Oct 2010 but I spent almost 3 years outside Canada. I re-entered Canada in Aug 2013 in order to meet the residency obligations for PR. I got married in July 2012 in India and then went to UAE to work. I sponsored my wife there and we stayed together in UAE for one year. After coming back to Canada, I sponsored my wife and it has been around 9 months since I filed an application at New Delhi visa office. The fact that I spent most of my time outside Canada in a period of 5 years (from the date I did the landing) could have any negative impact on the spouse sponsorship? Could this be considered a red flag while evaluating my wife's application? We are very depressed as the wait is killing us every day.
Please advise. Thanks!
link