Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Citizenship Application over 36 months 

Mkhan
Mkhan

Posted On: 6/25/2014
Mkhan
Mkhan
My citizenship application is in process for the last 38 months after submission of my RQ.On CIC website it says 36 months for non routine application. I contacted CIC after 36 months but still no update but in process. I have already done my test and RQ.

I was all the time present in Canada and worked continuously and filed my tax too with quite high income.

What to do now and what can be the problem with my application?
link
jimmy1829
jimmy1829

Posted On: 6/26/2014
jimmy1829
jimmy1829
I am fairly sure there is nothing wrong with your application.

I know tons of people are in the same boat including myself.

Don't lose your hope, and keep poking CIC once a while.
link
Mkhan
Mkhan

Posted On: 7/8/2014
Mkhan
Mkhan
Thank you very much for your response. I thought I am the only one and was just looking to the 36 months timeline on CIC website. I was also looking to my neighbours who only applied in Sep 2013 although they were travelled in/out of Canada for extended time; also they did not work here in Canada and all the time were on social assistance but got their citizenship. On the other hand, I am here for six years, just left twice for three weeks each time and have been working since my arrival but get stuck in the system.

I am fairly sure there is nothing wrong with your application.

I know tons of people are in the same boat including myself.

Don't lose your hope, and keep poking CIC once a while.
link
Mkhan
Mkhan

Posted On: 7/10/2014
Mkhan
Mkhan
Just wanted to share the information. I had a meeting with a Consultant who advised me that I should re-submit citizenship application despite of the fact that it is in process for the last 38 months as it will take another two years keeping in view the backlog. He told me that the review of applications in backlog are extremely slow and applications are in process since 4 years as it is not a priority. It also includes the applications even they did not go out for a single day and are present in Canada.

However, the new applications are processed within six months including the process and citizenship test. He shared the information of three of his clients that got the test in 3 months after submitting their application and now scheduled for oath. He also said that he suggested the same to another two clients whose applications were in backlog for 2 years but withdraw their application, applied again and got their test and oath. He told me that If I am applying through Consultant the rate will be CAD 500 but he told me there is no need of it as it will not make a difference and I can do it myself.

Just wanted to share the information.
link
sharprajat
sharprajat

Posted On: 8/14/2014
sharprajat
sharprajat
So are you really going to re-submit the application. I am in the same boat. My 36 months will be over on Aug 31, 2014. Called CIC several times. All they say is that everything is complete - Test, RQ, Finger Printing, Background Check. They have asked me to call them after labor day weekend if I do not hear anything from CIC by Aug 31st.

I will not re-submit the application and go through the same tedious process again. Since they say everything is complete I would prefer to wait.

Rajat
link