Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Language Ability- Citizenship Application Question 

kelkel
kelkel

Posted On: 7/11/2014
kelkel
kelkel
Hi,

I was just wondering if I have to send documents to prove my English skill even though I'm from the country where English is an official language.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 7/11/2014
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

I was just wondering if I have to send documents to prove my English skill even though I'm from the country where English is an official language.

Yes.

Proof of completion of secondary or post-secondary education in French or English includes:

A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in Canada or abroad. or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation, in Canada or abroad.

Note:You must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement. The diploma, certificate or transcript should be in English or French. The document must clearly show that the program was completed with English or French as the language of instruction. If the original document is not in English or French then you must also include a letter in English or French from the institution indicating that the language of instruction was in English or French along with a translation of the original document.

PMM
link