Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Lost IMM5292 

Josyy
Josyy

Posted On: 8/9/2014
Josyy
Josyy
I am preparing for the citizenship application. I do not have any glue where is my IMM5292. The application says that I may explain the reason why it is no longer in my possession. However, I heard that I will certain need it in the future for the purpose of Pension application or else. Is it true ?

If it is true, please advise which application I need to submit (to make sure I will do the right thing since I went through lots of CIC websites and I am confused):
1. IMM5009 - Application for VOS or Replacement of an Immigration Document; or
2. IMM5218 - Request of changes to your COPR (IMM5292 or IMM5688

If IMM5009 is correct, Part B.1 What type of request are you making - Where need I click :
* Verification of Status or
* Replacement of Valid temporary resident document, or
* I click both

Thanks for advice
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 8/9/2014
PMM
PMM
Hi

I am preparing for the citizenship application. I do not have any glue where is my IMM5292. The application says that I may explain the reason why it is no longer in my possession. However, I heard that I will certain need it in the future for the purpose of Pension application or else. Is it true ?

If it is true, please advise which application I need to submit (to make sure I will do the right thing since I went through lots of CIC websites and I am confused):
1. IMM5009 - Application for VOS or Replacement of an Immigration Document; or
2. IMM5218 - Request of changes to your COPR (IMM5292 or IMM5688

If IMM5009 is correct, Part B.1 What type of request are you making - Where need I click :
* Verification of Status or
* Replacement of Valid temporary resident document, or
* I click both

Thanks for advice

1. Yes, you will need it for your OAS and for applying for citizenship.
2. IMM 5009 Verification of status only.

PMM
link