Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Fingerprints before Citizenship Application 

archerx
archerx

Posted On: 9/1/2014
archerx
archerx
Hi

I will be eligible to apply citizenship soon. I just heard that fingerprints are recently requested from applicants by CIC.

Can I get my fingerprints before application? or during the my application process in advance? thus I can submit it when it is requested in order to avoid any possible delay.

Thank you

AA
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 9/2/2014
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi

I will be eligible to apply citizenship soon. I just heard that fingerprints are recently requested from applicants by CIC.

Can I get my fingerprints before application? or during the my application process in advance? thus I can submit it when it is requested in order to avoid any possible delay.

Thank you

AA

Not require probably less that 00.01% applicants have fingerprints requested. It is only done when CIC checks CPIC and finds a person with the same/similar name and age who has a conviction. If their are requested, the results can be had within 72 hours by having the digital prints done by one of the authorized fprinting agencies.

PMM
link