Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Can she leave without her PR card? - Urgent 

Anwarbd
Anwarbd

Posted On: 9/6/2014
Anwarbd
Anwarbd
I sponsored my wife inside canada before that her refuge claim was not accepted but her sponsorship in canada accepted almost two years now but she didn't get her PR card yet we need to go back home urgent can she go with me and comeback me and my daughter we are Canadian citizen please help me.
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

I sponsored my wife inside canada before that her refuge claim was not accepted but her sponsorship in canada accepted almost two years now but she didn't get her PR card yet we need to go back home urgent can she go with me and comeback me and my daughter we are Canadian citizen please help me.

1. Has she "landed" as a PR? If not, and she leaves Canada, she will find it extremely difficult to return. As I assume yours is an In Canada sponsorship.
2. If she has "landed" and just hasn't received her PR card, then she would have to apply for a travel document at an overseas office to return.

PMM
link
MelM
MelM

MelM
MelM
If your wife is a permanent resident she is certainly free to leave Canada without her PR card. However to return to Canada, she will either need a valid PR card or a travel document. Information on how to apply for a travel document is in the link below (she can only apply once she is outside of Canada):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp
link
Anwarbd
Anwarbd

Posted On: 9/7/2014
Anwarbd
Anwarbd
She wasn't a landed immigrant she applied refuge claim before we got married.

She has all valid documents and she own a house here.

What kind of visa she need to apply to come back Canada

link