Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Missed the Citizenship Interview 

Karunakar
Karunakar

Posted On: 9/6/2014
Karunakar
Karunakar
I missed the citizenship interview. i did not receive any notice regarding the interview, whereas in the CIC website it was mentioned as the notice was sent on April 28th for the interview and checking of documents dated may 8th.

Whose fault is it?

The address is the same as that appears in the CIC database.

Now what will happen?

Whether they will call again.

rao
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

I missed the citizenship interview. i did not receive any notice regarding the interview, whereas in the CIC website it was mentioned as the notice was sent on April 28th for the interview and checking of documents dated may 8th.

Whose fault is it?

The address is the same as that appears in the CIC database.

Now what will happen?

Whether they will call again.

rao

1. Well you better contact them, and see if they will accept your excuse. If CIC doesn't accept your excuse, then your citizenship application will be terminated.
2. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/abandon.asp

PMM
link
MelM
MelM

MelM
MelM
See the instructions in the link below for instructions on what to do if you have missed your citizenship test:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=910&t=5
link
Rcitizenship
Rcitizenship

Posted On: 9/14/2014
Rcitizenship
Rcitizenship
Thanks MeIM of putting forth this link. CIC has made modification in their rules. I missed my citizenship test in Jan 2014 and cic told me that i have 6o days to respond but that time they didn't put forth this option of 2nd invite. If u reply within 60 days cic will either accept or reject.
@ karunakar, Don't worry just send them a written letter why u missed the test and they usually give u a second chance. I met 2 guys who missed the test after me already became citizens. I was unfortunate, i missed since i was moving at that time. When i contacted call center they told me that my file is in queue to be rescheduled and they transfeered my file to my current location which is delaying the process. SO my point is just send a letter and explain nicely ur case and show proof if u can to support ur statement and they will reschedule u. U might get invite sooner or later depending upon the place ur file is. In some places they do accept fax but if ur file is in St Clair , TOronto then only mail. Best Luck
link