Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGetting Health Care (OHIP)

Health, including mental health, health card (OHIP), addictions, alternative health...

High Risk Pregnancy - Costs 

reneeruth
reneeruth

Posted On: 9/20/2014
reneeruth
reneeruth
Good day all,
I have been tagged high risk when it comes to being pregnant. Reasons that I had my child as a result of full blown exclampsia at 32 weeks having survived convulsion and subsequent coma, and since then I have had 4 miscarriages at 4 and 6 months in the past four years as a result of pregnancy induced hypertension
Thats the reason for my wanting info as to good gynea and proper maintenance for a successful delivery.
I would like info on the cost of ante natal through delivery and where possible through a c section.

Mde
link

Posted On: 9/26/2014
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your question and situation with us. We can appreciate that this is a difficult situation.

The costs of a high-risk pregnancy depend on the type of health care coverage you have. If you are covered by OHIP, most of the medical costs related to pregnancy and birth are covered. The Settlement.Org article I am pregnant. Where can I find services? may be helpful for you as well as the resource Giving Birth in a New Land – A Guide for Women New to Canada and Their Families from Best Start Resource Centre.

If you have private insurance, you should check what services they cover as there are often exemptions. If you do not have OHIP or private insurance that covers pregnancy, there may be significant costs involved although some low-cost/free services are available. If you are in this situation, you may want to read the Settlement.Org article I am pregnant and I don't have OHIP. What health care can I get? and the Discussion Forum post No OHIP and Pregnant - Options?

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

=====
Julia
Your Settlement.Org Team
link