Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Missing PR Card with Valid Passport - Questions 

SCF
SCF

Posted On: 9/25/2014
SCF
SCF
Please help quickly. My mother in law, a Dutch national, has lived and worked in Canada for about 60 years. She holds a valid, unexpired Canadian passport but cannot find her PR card (she is 85). She is leaving for the Netherlands in a few days via air travel. Will she require her PR card to get back into Canada? She does have a valid passport, health card, drivers license, and credit cards. Will these be enough to allow her back into the country?

..SCF
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

Please help quickly. My mother in law, a Dutch national, has lived and worked in Canada for about 60 years. She holds a valid, unexpired Canadian passport but cannot find her PR card (she is 85). She is leaving for the Netherlands in a few days via air travel. Will she require her PR card to get back into Canada? She does have a valid passport, health card, drivers license, and credit cards. Will these be enough to allow her back into the country?

..SCF

No, as she is no longer a PR, she is a Canadian citizen and her passport is sufficient.

PMM
link
SCF
SCF

SCF
SCF
Thank you for your prompt reply. However, apparently my information was not correct. All is correct except she has a valid Dutch passport. She has and is a permanent resident who has traveled several times to Holland. However, we are new to assisting her. And, she is unable to locate her Landed Immigrant Card. She can find her immigration papers from about 1955.

Since she is booked to leave Canada in 2 days, what should be done to facilitate her return?

..SCF

..SCF
link