Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeESL - Language and Literacy

English as a Second Language, LINC, Language Assessment, Translation and Interpretation, Literacy...

TTC Reimbursement for ESL Classes - Questions 

Annemi
Annemi

Posted On: 9/29/2014
Annemi
Annemi
Hello there,

I am a refugee claimant, and recently started my ESL classes. It takes me a bus ride to go there.

One of my friends took a government sponsored language teaching program that reimbursed them the cost of the TTC tickets to go to the classes. They just have to collect their TTC tickets and transfers, and they filed them for a reimbursement.

I am an elderly person, and my means are really limited. I would walk to my English class but it is just a bit too far for me to walk. This I have to take a bus to go for my classes.

Could you please find out whether there is a reimbursement of transportation for my ESL classes? So far, I save my tickets.

Thank you!
link

Posted On: 10/1/2014
Hello Annemi,

Thanks for sharing your situation with us. It sounds like you could really benefit from travel reimbursement.

We cannot tell you if you can get reimbursed, because every agency and language program is different.

You may want to ask your ESL instructor (or another staff member) at the agency or school where you take classes if they reimburse ESL students for their transportation.

You can also call 211 and ask if there is a program in your area that you may qualify for that does reimburse students.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

============
Sarah
Your Settlement.Org Team
link