Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

First PR Card 

luizfper
luizfper

Posted On: 10/21/2014
luizfper
luizfper
Good day!

I became a PR a week ago, but I will land only in September 2015. However, I will be staying in Canada just for about a month. I will move to Canada in definitive in 2016.

1) Is there any way I can send my PR card to an agent`s address (I do not know anyone in Canada)?

2) If I do not provide an address at the first time I land, will I be able to re-enter on 2016?

Thank you!
link
Anabella
Anabella

Posted On: 10/23/2014
Anabella
Anabella
I believe you have to pick up your PR-Card in person. Best is to call Citizenship and Immigration Canada. They will provide you with the correct answer. Good luck and congratulations on your Permanent Residence.

Anabella
link
luizfper
luizfper

Posted On: 10/23/2014
luizfper
luizfper

I believe you have to pick up your PR-Card in person. Best is to call Citizenship and Immigration Canada. They will provide you with the correct answer. Good luck and congratulations on your Permanent Residence.

Anabella

OK. Thanks!
link
Carlos.parra
Carlos.parra

Posted On: 10/29/2014
Carlos.parra
Carlos.parra
am

Hello,

I get my permanent residence on march of 2011. Then I came to Canada on September of 2011 for 2 days. But then I came back in to my county. On this year I request a travel document to get back to Canada. I never get my permante residence card, social security number or anything else. When I get back on July of 2014. I saw that I have been out for more than 1095 days. So my question is if I apply for my fisrt PR card I can get it? Or CIC would be mad because I was out for more than 1095 days?

Thanks for your help

Carlos
link