Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

What Can be Done if CoPR (IMM 5688) gets lost? 

BMW
BMW

Posted On: 11/26/2014
BMW
BMW
If lost CoPR, can people get another one?

If so, how?

Thanks!
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

If so, how?

Thanks!

You apply for a VOS and pay the fee: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

PMM
link
BMW
BMW

BMW
BMW
Thanks for PMM's useful message. I understand I can apply for a replacement of CoPR by referring to above link you gave me.

What about "Application for a verification of status" for in above link? I guess this is for people that they are afraid their information on CoPR after landing may be wrong. So they can file verification of status(VOS) request to check related information.

Is my understanding correct on the VOS? You are welcome to add
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 11/27/2014
PMM
PMM
Hi

1. No is mostly used for persons who have lost/misplaced their COPR. As they are issued a copy of it when they "land" so they should know then if there are any errors.

PMM
link
BMW
BMW

Posted On: 11/27/2014
BMW
BMW

Hi

1. No is mostly used for persons who have lost/misplaced their COPR. As they are issued a copy of it when they "land" so they should know then if there are any errors.

PMM

PMM, now I get confused. Above link includes two things:
1. Verification of documents status
2. Replacement of documents

Those should be two different things. But based on what you said they sounds like the same.

Please help me to get clear on this. Appreciate your message.
link
s_mohsinraza
s_mohsinraza

Posted On: 5/20/2019
s_mohsinraza
s_mohsinraza
I have lost COPR documents and am scheduled to land in June 2019.

I do have my passport with valid Immigrant Visa.

What can i do to get COPR before landing? and if I land without COPR what can be repercussions?

Appreciate your response, please.

PMM wrote:
Hi

If so, how?

Thanks!

You apply for a VOS and pay the fee: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

PMM
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 5/22/2019
PMM
PMM
Hi

s_mohsinraza wrote:
I have lost COPR documents and am scheduled to land in June 2019.

I do have my passport with valid Immigrant Visa.

What can i do to get COPR before landing? and if I land without COPR what can be repercussions?

Appreciate your response, please.

PMM wrote:
Hi

If so, how?

Thanks!

PMM

1. Contact the office that issued the COPR with an explanation that the COPR was lost. Send a CSE to the issuing office. (You can't "land" without it)
2. They will require 2 new photos to re-issue a new COPR. There maybe a charge for a replacement.

3. Explain that you intend to "land" in June, it will be touch and go if a new is issued in such a short time frame.
link
kannanj21
kannanj21

Posted On: 6/17/2019
kannanj21
kannanj21
I am in the same position. Could you please help me what should I do now. My situation is I have lost my COPR before landing. When I called the CIC, the officer asked me to submit the VOS verification of status but it seems to be that VOS is for already landed person in Canada. In some forums they say that I don’t need to submit VOS. Can you guys please help me with this issue. Or should I fill and send the case specific enquiry ? Is it same as calling CIC support center ?
link