Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Spousal Sponsorship Questions 

holi
holi

Posted On: 11/27/2014
holi
holi
Hi thanks for this opportunity.

I have some questions regarding the outland spousal sponsorship process.

We are planning to get married next year

1) how long is his medicalschool valid for (we are planning to submit with the initial application)

2) does change of my name to his make the marriage seem more valid?

3) should i complete all my change of name process i.e. passport drivers license, citizenship certificate before applying or is a change of name certificate sufficient for the application?

4) i would like to bring all his paperwork with me back to canada so as to remove the hassle of him posting it here. Is this wise?

Holi
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 11/28/2014
PMM
PMM

Hi

Hi thanks for this opportunity.

I have some questions regarding the outland spousal sponsorship process.

We are planning to get married next year

1) how long is his medicalschool valid for (we are planning to submit with the initial application)

2) does change of my name to his make the marriage seem more valid?

3) should i complete all my change of name process i.e. passport drivers license, citizenship certificate before applying or is a change of name certificate sufficient for the application?

4) i would like to bring all his paperwork with me back to canada so as to remove the hassle of him posting it here. Is this wise?

Holi

1. 1 Year
2. Immaterial
3. See #2, a lot of women in Canada don't take their spouse's surname, plus in Quebec you can't.
4. Your choice, but note that if the forms change between the time he completes them and you mail them, you will require new ones.

PMM
link