Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

PR Renewal gone to Minister's Delegate 

CANPRIMMI
CANPRIMMI

Posted On: 12/4/2014
CANPRIMMI
CANPRIMMI
Hi,

My PR renewal has gone to Ministers Delegate and I have a few questions,

1) Would the ministers delegate or anyone from his office contact me before they make a decision. I dont have any contact information of theirs except a letter sent by CIC saying that the file has been moved to the ministers office.

2) Would I be having a chance to meet the delegate in person and if yes, is it necessary to have a lawyer or can I be there alone.

3) During my initial application in the questionnaire " Absence while accompanying a family member who is a Canadian Citizen" I had mentioned I had traveled with my daughter who at present (Before my PR renewal) is a citizen, however at the time of travel was a permanent resident and during this time I had traveled to other places every month or so. In this scenario, would the days be counted towards my no. of days to meet PR requirements.

4) It is been almost 2 weeks since I have been informed about this situation, however I am yet to hear from the ministers delegate, how long does this process take?

Thanks
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 12/9/2014
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

My PR renewal has gone to Ministers Delegate and I have a few questions,

1) Would the ministers delegate or anyone from his office contact me before they make a decision. I dont have any contact information of theirs except a letter sent by CIC saying that the file has been moved to the ministers office.

2) Would I be having a chance to meet the delegate in person and if yes, is it necessary to have a lawyer or can I be there alone.

3) During my initial application in the questionnaire " Absence while accompanying a family member who is a Canadian Citizen" I had mentioned I had traveled with my daughter who at present (Before my PR renewal) is a citizen, however at the time of travel was a permanent resident and during this time I had traveled to other places every month or so. In this scenario, would the days be counted towards my no. of days to meet PR requirements.

4) It is been almost 2 weeks since I have been informed about this situation, however I am yet to hear from the ministers delegate, how long does this process take?

Thanks

1. No, the Minister's delegate will not contact you before his/her decision.
2. No, only accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse abroad would count for maintaining your PR status.
3. No set time frame. By the way the Minister delegate is a supervisor who reviews the 44 reports.

PMM
link
CANPRIMMI
CANPRIMMI

Posted On: 12/9/2014
CANPRIMMI
CANPRIMMI
Thanks PMM..

so there aint anything much I could do now other than wait for his verdict which could be positive or negative.

If it is negative, what do you think my options could be other than exiting and re-applying for PR... my wife & kid are recent citizens and a separation might not be very good for us...

Thanks..
link