Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Can I correct my mother's sponsorship application? 

NeelV
NeelV

Posted On: 1/8/2015
NeelV
NeelV
I was sponsoring my mother and submitted application few days ago. Unfortunately I discovered a minor error.As per my mothers passport there was no Family name and only Given name. So in the application I did not write anything in Family name and wrote the whole passport name on Given name column. Now I discover that if there is no family name you should write the Given name in the Family name section.On Jan2, 2015 CIC opened application for sponsoring of parents. It was a 5,000 application cap so I send my application to reach CIC on 6th Jan. I don't know if I will have time to change this as the cap will be filled up in few days time. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

link
NeelV
NeelV

Posted On: 1/9/2015
NeelV
NeelV
Can anyone advise if the surname mistake would cause the application to be rejected? In the form it says write exactly as the travel document and that is complied.

Alternatively would it be illegal if I submit a new application now since there is no way of contacting CIC while they process the applications?
link

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us. I understand that you are concerned about sponsoring your mother.

According the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website to correct information on a sponsorship application, you can email [email protected] . You will need to include the Sponsor’s name, date of birth, and UCI Number or Application Number if you know it.

You can also phone the CIC call centre at 1-888-242-2100, if you would like more information.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

==
Julia
Settlement.Org team
link
NeelV
NeelV

NeelV
NeelV
Hi Julia,

Thanks a million for the help. I have send the email and will follow up on the phone on Monday as well.

You guys are a blessing. Have a great weekend.
Neel

link