Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeFinding a Job / Working

Finding a Job, Job Listings, Labour Market Information (LMI), Starting a Business, Social Insurance Number, Volunteering...

My employer won't give me my ROE? 

droyes
droyes

Posted On: 1/12/2015
droyes
droyes
If my previous employer refuses to provide a ROE, what are my options? Will EI /Service Canada still give me my EI?
I have contacted the Employer, told Service Canada the problem, reported this to Min of Labour, Ontario. I am a citizen.

Thanks
link

Posted On: 1/14/2015
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. It is very frustrating that your employer has not given you your Record of Employment (ROE).

You have already taken some of the steps we would recommend such as contacting your employer and Service Canada.

If you need your ROE for the purposes of Employment Insurance, you can also submit a Request for Record of Employment form to Service Canada so that they can obtain your ROE on your behalf.

You may also want to try contacting a community legal clinic for help.

Some people receive electronic ROEs from their employers. If you receive an electronic ROE from your employer, they don’t need to give you a paper one as well.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

==
Julia
Settlement.Org team
link