Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Citizenship and Divorce Issue 

ali_hassa
ali_hassa

Posted On: 1/17/2015
ali_hassa
ali_hassa
Hello all,

So i was sponsered by my wife and i came to canada in November 2011 as a permanent resident.

We had our child in October 2012. With the time, our relationship deteriorated and we separated in December 2013.

Now i want to apply my citizenship and my wife is threatening me to have me deported. She had also filed a divorce.

Can anyone help me out from this stressfull stituation?

Thanks

AH
link
molvi36
molvi36

Posted On: 1/18/2015
molvi36
molvi36
Dear you have your Permanent Resident Status since November 2011 you can apply for your Canadian citizenship its your legal right your x wife can't deport you its just threat you in Tronto area contact nearest legal clinic get legal opinion and follow your right's given by Canadian law.

Regards

molvi36
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/18/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello all,

So i was sponsered by my wife and i came to canada in November 2011 as a permanent resident.

We had our child in October 2012. With the time, our relationship deteriorated and we separated in December 2013.

Now i want to apply my citizenship and my wife is threatening me to have me deported. She had also filed a divorce.

Can anyone help me out from this stressfull stituation?

Thanks

AH

1. Your wife can't have you deported. It is unlikely that CBSA/CIC would see your marriage as one of convenience, as ti lasted over 2 years and you have a child in Common.
2. If you are eligible just apply for citizenship.

PMM
link