Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Query regarding address for PR card 

manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002

Posted On: 2/2/2015
Hi

I am planning to immigrate to Toronto in the near future. As per my knowledge I will be asked about the address for PR card dispatch at the airport but I won't be having any address when I arrive in Toronto as I am a newcomer then what's the procedure in this scenario?

Thanks
Manish
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 2/2/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi

I am planning to immigrate to Toronto in the near future. As per my knowledge I will be asked about the address for PR card dispatch at the airport but I won't be having any address when I arrive in Toronto as I am a newcomer then what's the procedure in this scenario?

Thanks
Manish

1. If you don't have the address of a friend or relative in Canada, then you have 6 months after "landing" to inform CIC of a Canadian address for the PR card.

PMM
link
manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002

Posted On: 2/3/2015
Hi

I am planning to land at Pearson International Airport Toronto. I have a relative in Mississauga but I am not going to stay with them, can I still be able to give their address of Mississauga at the airport for PR Card dispatch and later on collect the PR Card from them when it is delivered. I believe it is not mandatory for me to be present at the mentioned address to collect my PR Card, that is my signatures etc. are not required for collection of PR Card when it is delivered.

Manish

Hi

Hi

Thanks
Manish

1. If you don't have the address of a friend or relative in Canada, then you have 6 months after "landing" to inform CIC of a Canadian address for the PR card.

PMM
link