Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

HELP! Renewing PR card with Expired Passport? 

Poojaooja
Poojaooja

Posted On: 3/16/2015
Poojaooja
Poojaooja
My parents passport from country of origin expired last year and their PR card needs to be renewed this year. Can they renew PR card with expired passport? ( same passport they used with their first entry to Canada). It says in the cic website that documents needed are valid passport or travel documents or if not available then passport with the entry stamp or travel document( which I'm not sure if it meant that its okay even if its expired). PleAse advise or if anyone had experience renewing pr card with expired passport. Thanks!
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

My parents passport from country of origin expired last year and their PR card needs to be renewed this year. Can they renew PR card with expired passport? ( same passport they used with their first entry to Canada). It says in the cic website that documents needed are valid passport or travel documents or if not available then passport with the entry stamp or travel document( which I'm not sure if it meant that its okay even if its expired). PleAse advise or if anyone had experience renewing pr card with expired passport. Thanks!

1. Yes, they can use the expired passport when they apply.
2. That is assuming that they have got a renewed passport.

PMM
link
Poojaooja
Poojaooja

Poojaooja
Poojaooja
Hi, their passport takes 3-5 months to be received after renewing that is why I wanted to know if they can apply for renewal of their PR card first using their expired passport ( which they used with their first entry here in Canada) and then renew the passport when they received their PR card. Is that possible? Thanks for the reply!
link