Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Are Bank Statements accepted as Proof of Funds? 

JY
JY

Posted On: 3/24/2015
JY
JY
Hi,

I received my confirmation of permanent residence and will be landing in April 2015.

From this website, I understand that I may be asked to show proof of funds, the requirement to declare if I carry more than C$10K, and the various forms of money I can bring into Canada. From CIC website, I noted the proof of funds amount required.

My question is - For landing purposes, are bank statements (not denominated in Canadian dollars) accepted as proof of funds?

Thanks for your help.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 3/24/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

I received my confirmation of permanent residence and will be landing in April 2015.

From this website, I understand that I may be asked to show proof of funds, the requirement to declare if I carry more than C$10K, and the various forms of money I can bring into Canada. From CIC website, I noted the proof of funds amount required.

My question is - For landing purposes, are bank statements (not denominated in Canadian dollars) accepted as proof of funds?

Thanks for your help.

1. Yes, as long as the statement is not much more than a week old, and the funds convertible to Canadian.

PMM
link