Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Criminal Record and Citizenship 

adamk
adamk

Posted On: 3/26/2015
adamk
adamk
Hello,

My question is if a person charged with shoplifting in Toronto, fingerprinted by local police, and in the court it was considered as summary offense and did not lead to any conviction (because of diversion program)How it is going to affect citizenship process? CIC website talks about convicted indictable offense but my case in neither consider conviction nor indictable.

FYI, when I applied for citizenship, my record was clear and it happened after I submitted my application.
Thanks
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello,

My question is if a person charged with shoplifting in Toronto, fingerprinted by local police, and in the court it was considered as summary offense and did not lead to any conviction (because of diversion program)How it is going to affect citizenship process? CIC website talks about convicted indictable offense but my case in neither consider conviction nor indictable.

FYI, when I applied for citizenship, my record was clear and it happened after I submitted my application.
Thanks

Then it won't have an effect on your citizenship application unless you were given probation.

PMM
link
adamk
adamk

adamk
adamk
Thanks PMM,

The charge completely withdrawn by crown attorney. Could you explain please hw it is not going to affect my application?

Thanks
link
adamk
adamk

Posted On: 3/27/2015
adamk
adamk

Hi

Hello,

Thanks

Then it won't have an effect on your citizenship application unless you were given probation.

PMM

Thanks PMM,

The charge completely withdrawn by crown attorney. Could you explain please hw it is not going to affect my application?

Thanks
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 3/27/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi

Hello,

Thanks

PMM

Thanks PMM,

Thanks

1. Because you haven't been convicted of anything if the charge was withdrawn

PMM
link