Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR card Not Received 

aminshahini
aminshahini

Posted On: 4/11/2015
aminshahini
aminshahini
Hi everyone:
I have a problem please help!
I landed in Toronto on June 28th, 2014 as a skill worker. During the usual 6-week time, I didn't receive my PR Card. Then after 72 days, due to some personal problems I had to get back to my country without a PR card. Later, a friend of mine called the CIC center and told me that I have photo problems--the reason of not issuing my card. After a while, the CIC sent my Canadian address a letter, saying that I had 180 days to show up and hand in my photos. This 180 days will expire in July 2015. However, due to some family and job conditions, I cannot go to Canada by that deadline. I only can go again in summer 2016. My question is: Will I lose my PR status if I don't show up in 180 days? or I can maintain it? I heard I can return to Canada any time I wanted by travel document (even after this 180 days) and I only have to resubmit a PR card application which is not a big deal. Should I worry???? please help me.

A.Sh
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 4/11/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi everyone:
I have a problem please help!
I landed in Toronto on June 28th, 2014 as a skill worker. During the usual 6-week time, I didn't receive my PR Card. Then after 72 days, due to some personal problems I had to get back to my country without a PR card. Later, a friend of mine called the CIC center and told me that I have photo problems--the reason of not issuing my card. After a while, the CIC sent my Canadian address a letter, saying that I had 180 days to show up and hand in my photos. This 180 days will expire in July 2015. However, due to some family and job conditions, I cannot go to Canada by that deadline. I only can go again in summer 2016. My question is: Will I lose my PR status if I don't show up in 180 days? or I can maintain it? I heard I can return to Canada any time I wanted by travel document (even after this 180 days) and I only have to resubmit a PR card application which is not a big deal. Should I worry???? please help me.

A.Sh

1. No, you wont' lose your PR status as long as you reside in Canada for 2 years in every 5. You will have to get TD to return to Canada, and once there you apply for a new PR card.

PMM
link
saddamchoudhr0
saddamchoudhr0

Posted On: 2/3/2016
saddamchoudhr0
saddamchoudhr0
hello dear i have a question i did not revceive my PR card yet my time frame almost compeleted 180 days.i got a letter about new picture i mailed them 2 month ago but still i don,t recevie my PR..what i do please tell me
link