Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

How long does it take to process new PR Cards? 

salkabontario
salkabontario

Posted On: 4/14/2015
salkabontario
salkabontario
Hi,

1) I landed on April 3, 2015. I have updated my mailing address online on April 3, 2015. Still the address is not updated on my eCAS and also the status showing on eCAS is very old. Should I expect update on status in sometime? Also advise me which ID I should use to check status?

2) Currently I am using UCI and Immigration File number, whereas there are option to use Confirmation of Permanent Residence Document and Proof of Landing document reference. I tried searching with these two documents but not able to find.

3) Further, I saw one question by a member in which he left Canada without PR as he waited for 6 weeks and couldn't get the card. His friend received a letter from CIC to submit photos within 180 days. In this case, is it possible to check from CIC if they need photos or any other document as I also have to go in 6 weeks time. I am just worried in case if I don't get my card and what if they request for any photos?

Appreciate your advice on these 3 issues.

Thanks

-SK-
link

Posted On: 4/17/2015
Dear SK,

Thank you for your questions. I understand that the process of getting a PR card can be quite complicated.

Unfortunately, we can only provide general information and do not know the details of your application. We recommend that you contact the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Call Centre directly for some suggestions and information regarding your situation.

You may find the following resources useful:

Settlement.Org’s Frequently Asked Questions about the Permanent Resident Card.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s How long will it take to process my permanent resident card?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s Should I submit passport photos with my permanent resident card application?

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

==
Julia
Settlement.Org Team
link