Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Pre Test RQ 

S_A_L
S_A_L

Posted On: 5/8/2015
S_A_L
S_A_L
Hi friends,
I landed in Aug. 2008. Basic residency met. But i don't meet the critera of physical presence. As the citizenship rules may change soon, I have taken an opportunity to apply for citizenship with out meeting physical presence. Just wanted to try my luck! Please note that my wife and children are already Citizen as they never left Canada after arrival. Below is my timeline:
-Applied for citizenship in October 2014
-Received RQ and finger print request in January 2015
-Submitted RQ response and finger print in February 2015
-I received a letter for citizenship test on 6th May 2015, the test has been scheduled on 19th May 2015 at Scarborough.

While I am glad that the process was fast, however, I would like to know what does it mean? Do you think that my RQ response was satisfactory that why CIC called me for test event I don't meet physical presence? If I pass the test, will I be called for oath without hearing by citizenship judge?

I will appreciate your thoughts. Thanks
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 5/9/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi friends,
I landed in Aug. 2008. Basic residency met. But i don't meet the critera of physical presence. As the citizenship rules may change soon, I have taken an opportunity to apply for citizenship with out meeting physical presence. Just wanted to try my luck! Please note that my wife and children are already Citizen as they never left Canada after arrival. Below is my timeline:
-I received a letter for citizenship test on 6th May 2015, the test has been scheduled on 19th May 2015 at Scarborough.

While I am glad that the process was fast, however, I would like to know what does it mean? Do you think that my RQ response was satisfactory that why CIC called me for test event I don't meet physical presence? If I pass the test, will I be called for oath without hearing by citizenship judge?

1. These days if you don't have physical presence and apply you will most likely be referred to a Citizenship Judge. This is going to add quite a bit of time to your application, count on up to a year for a hearing.
2. In most instances, somewhere north of 90% the Judge will refused based on lack of physical presence. Very few judges will take the Koo standard, which looks at establishment. The ones who past that test, these days, are usually truckers who work internationally.
3. You can probably count on having your application refused, and then re-applying under the new rules.

PMM
link
S_A_L
S_A_L

Posted On: 5/10/2015
S_A_L
S_A_L

Hi

Hi friends,

1. These days if you don't have physical presence and apply you will most likely be referred to a Citizenship Judge. This is going to add quite a bit of time to your application, count on up to a year for a hearing.
2. In most instances, somewhere north of 90% the Judge will refused based on lack of physical presence. Very few judges will take the Koo standard, which looks at establishment. The ones who past that test, these days, are usually truckers who work internationally.
3. You can probably count on having your application refused, and then re-applying under the new rules.

PMM

Dear PMM,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, much appreciated. So, I have a chance of 10% (if 90% juges refuse)? Would be happy to try my luck based on 10% chance. I am now focusing on the test so that I can pass the exam. Trying on line sample questions based on Discover Canada. I understand that a citizenship offcer/CIC officer will interview after the test on the same day. Any idea of the questions they may ask particulrly to the applicants who don't meet physical presence? Thanks again.

S_A_L
link