Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR Card Renewal with anticpated travel 

am.manalo
am.manalo

Posted On: 6/8/2015
am.manalo
am.manalo
Hello,

Thank you for this service.
My PR card (and husbands) expired a week ago and we are already booked to travel to Europe in a few days. What can we do to while are PR card renewal application is still pending? Is there a way to expidite the process?
Thank you for your consideration.
link
Klaus
Klaus

Posted On: 6/8/2015
Klaus
Klaus
Hi,

CIC offers urgent processing, the procedure is described here. But even with urgent processing, it's going to take more than just a few days. You may want to read the articles
I need to leave Canada and I do not have a permanent resident card. Can I later return to Canada without a PR card?
and
Do I really need a PR card to travel back to Canada?.
link
Ather Shakeel
Ather Shakeel

Posted On: 6/9/2015
Ather Shakeel
Ather Shakeel
I am a PR of Canada since 2009 but could not complete 730 days in last 5 years. Now im outside of Canada and PR has expired. I applied for Travel Document which is rejected last week stating that I did not met residency obligation.

My family is there in Canada and I am desperate to go there. I am sick without family. Please help me as what to do now.

Shakeel
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 6/9/2015
PMM
PMM
HI

I am a PR of Canada since 2009 but could not complete 730 days in last 5 years. Now im outside of Canada and PR has expired. I applied for Travel Document which is rejected last week stating that I did not met residency obligation.

My family is there in Canada and I am desperate to go there. I am sick without family. Please help me as what to do now.

Shakeel

1. when the TD was refused, you should have been given instructions on how to appeal the refusal to the IAD within 60 days.
2. That is probably your only hope.

PMM
link