Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

Issue with my WES Evaluation Report 

sarikareghu
sarikareghu

Posted On: 7/8/2015
sarikareghu
sarikareghu
Hi,

I have done the WES evaluation for my 5 year Integrated Masters in Software engineering from cochin university od science and technology ,India for my Canada immigration. But when I got my evaluation report, its evaluated only as four year bachelors degree to Canada. I requested back with WES by stating that, mime was Masters degree and instead of doing Degree+ masters(3+2 years)separately, my course was 5 year integrated and therefore I have only one consolidated certificate. My university sent all transcripts to them and even I sent the photocopies. But again the WES , reply to me with No revision letter stating that , there is no error in the report. I don't understand why WES is denying my masters degree. They are not telling the reason also. It really impacts my immigration process. Please help me. Highly appreciated in advance for your help. My status in Canada is temporary worker.

SR
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 7/8/2015
MelM
MelM
I'm not sure there is anything you can do to change the evaluation. It's most likely correct. Remember - WES is not evaluating your education based on Indian educational standards. They are evaluating your education based on Canadian standards.

Bachelor degrees are four years in Canada. As a result, those who have completed a Bachelor and Masters degree in India often receive a Canadian equivalency evaluation of Bachelor degree only (the Masters isn't recognized).
link
kiran roy
kiran roy

Posted On: 8/24/2017
kiran roy
kiran roy
sarikareghu wrote:
Hi,

I have done the WES evaluation for my 5 year Integrated Masters in Software engineering from cochin university od science and technology ,India for my Canada immigration. But when I got my evaluation report, its evaluated only as four year bachelors degree to Canada. I requested back with WES by stating that, mime was Masters degree and instead of doing Degree+ masters(3+2 years)separately, my course was 5 year integrated and therefore I have only one consolidated certificate. My university sent all transcripts to them and even I sent the photocopies. But again the WES , reply to me with No revision letter stating that , there is no error in the report. I don't understand why WES is denying my masters degree. They are not telling the reason also. It really impacts my immigration process. Please help me. Highly appreciated in advance for your help. My status in Canada is temporary worker.

Hi,
This has happened to me now. My 4 year bachelors is recognized as their 3 year and my 2 year PG as 4 year bachelors. Is there anything that I can do for this? I am trying express entry. My points will really go down if I don't have masters degree. Please suggest.
link