Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR card Questions 

kauser
kauser

Posted On: 7/20/2015
kauser
kauser
Hi, I am a new immigrant- have been here for 44 days.

I hvnt rcvd my SIN paper Nor PR card.I wanted to leave (22JULY) canadA for 10days to US to attend my niece wedding - without PR card cannt re-enter canada - I tried enquiries /phone calls/ emails to know the status of PR CARD delivery. TRAVEL DOCUMENT and urgent processing of PR card is not applicable for initial PR card .

How can I find out whats my PR card status? online status shows that I m have PR STATUS. BUT IT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT PR CARD STATUS/DELIVERY?

PLZ ADVISE .
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 7/21/2015
MelM
MelM
The processing time for new PR cards is currently 84 calendar days. So you still have a number of weeks to wait until you receive yours.

I assume you hold a non-visa exempt passport. If so, then you can re-enter Canada using your COPR provided you travel in a private vehicle (e.g. friend's car) when you cross the border. You must avoid commercial transportation (e.g. airplane, bus).

Otherwise your only other option is to apply for a Travel Document once you are in the US to allow you to return to Canada. You cannot apply for a TD from within Canada. You must wait until you are in the US.
link